Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Horse Show with added umph!

Ever rode a horse in a thunder and lightning storm? How about during a horse show? What an exciting Labor Day holiday I had! I was in my first dressage horse show and just as I'm about to do intro test a and b the claps of thunder shake the arena. The rain pummels the steel roof, and lightning lights up the only windows. Did I mention my horse is skittish, oh and a young 6 yo thoroughbred? Ahhh, the fun! The judges ordered all the other horses out of the arena except my super spaz Brandonburg. I did my test with canters instead of trots and when it was all over and I gave my final salute, I hugged my dear gelding and said quite loudly, "you didn't kill me! Thank you!" As I passed by the judges, one said, "we all have our own riding goals!" Yeah! Mine was just to stick like glue, and get away unscathed!

Despite all the trauma and drama, I had so much fun with the horses and riders. The boys did amazing and both took home ribbons! What little equestrienne buffs they are becoming!

So my question to yall, is what did YOU do for the Holiday?

I'll post pix as soon as I get them from the photographer!

1 comment:

Joy said...

That's cool. I've always wanted to ride a horse. What a fun way to excercise